Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Night in Harleysville (T-minus 7 Days)

Greetings to everyone who might be following along.

First, thanks for following along...

(I was able to add the Shenyang Clock to this site, so I'm hopeful that Lisa will be pleased.
We can take that off the list...at least that's something off the list that never seems to get any smaller!)

In about a week we will be at the hotel at the Airport getting ready for our Wed. AM flight out and the start of our second journey halfway around the world. Lisa might have something different to say, but to me it's still not completely real until we're wheels up on Wednesday.

Paperwork...check
Money...check
Tickets & Itinerary...check
Gifts for the Chines Officials...check
Luggage...check
Did I close the garage??
"Remember Kyle, Parking Lots Rules apply ALL THE TIME."

The first time around with Kyle seemed like it took forever and yet now I look back on it and it seems like such a blur. So much activity in 3 weeks.
At the time, we were making sure to really take it all in - as you could probably tell by our postings at our other Blog.

If you would have told me 5 years ago that we would be making our SECOND trip to meet our second SON, I probably would have suggested that you seek professional counseling; or at least have a cranial x-ray.

Us...China...Sons...TWO?
What are the odds - I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket.
We have been very blessed with Kyle - he is a beautiful and wonderful little boy.
And I feel like we are about to be blessed agian with Dylan, another beautiful and wonderful little boy.

Lisa has been an absolute champ in orchestrating the details of this trip - I am fortunate that she actually said "I do" 18 years ago. I'm sure it will all come together it always does. After having done this once I really feel like we can overcome any obstacle we might come up against this time.

We are so very much looking forward to meeting Dylan and welcoming him to our family.
Kyle is as excited as we are and we're a little anxious about taking him but we're confident that he'll be fine.

There are many details to be taken care of and only a few more days to go...
I just wanted to post a first message to get back in the swing of posting; and I can hopefully add to the journal we will create, and give you all a flavor for what we're experiencing. We'll be in different parts of China for the first part of the trip and ultimately we'll make our way back to the friendly confines of Guangzhou and the White Swan Hotel.

It's off to bed now for me, as I've got the clock installed - I don't want to peak too early!
I don't want to create any unrealistic expectations!

G'night and keep watching...
C

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully I can use the same account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success!! I love the blog. We can't wait to meet our newest grandson. Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete